If your pet is involved in an emergency during surgery hours, please call us immediately.
We know your pet can become ill or suffer accidents at any time. To make sure you have access to high quality care at night, weekends and bank holidays, our emergency service is Chestergate Veterinary Specialists Telford Court Units E and F Gates Ln Chestergates CH1 6LT
What is an Emergency?
You need to contact Parkside Vets 0151 644 8918 for an emergency appointment if: (in no particular order)
- Your pet is bloated and is trying to vomit (gastric dilation and volvulus)
- Blocked cat – your cat is unsuccessfully straining to urinate.
- Your pet has difficulty breathing.
- Your pet is continuously fitting (status epilepticus).
- Fracture – your pet has a suspected broken bone.
- They have collapsed.
- Your pet has profuse bleeding.
- Flystrike – your rabbit has a maggot/fly infestation of a wound.
- You suspect your pet has been poisoned.
- Your pet has been hit by a car.
- They have severe watery/bloody diarrhoea.
- Your pet is unconscious.
- They are in severe pain.
- The are having whelping/kittening problems.
- A surgical wound has opened up.
If it isn’t urgent, then please phone during surgery hours.